All application materials must be received by August 1, 2016 at Midnight PST.
The Nursing.org team will review all application materials and the recipients of our nursing scholarships will be announced by September 2, 2016.
The Nursing.org team will choose the top applicants for each nursing scholarship based on the merit of their applications.
- The formal application (35%) will be judged on academic standing, community involvement and motivation.
- Essays (65%) will be judged according to the student’s ability to articulate their goals, motivation and vision for their career and the future of nursing as related to the prompt.
Due to the high volume of submissions we receive, we cannot manage individual inquiries regarding application status. Selected nursing scholarship recipients will be notified either by email or phone; it is critical that this submitted information is correct.
Once contacted, the scholarship recipient will need to provide a photo and go through two brief interviews with a Nursing.org representative: one upon receiving the nursing scholarship and one 6 months later. If you have not received notice from us by August 19, 2016, don’t be discouraged! We encourage you to re-apply for the next round of applications.
*These nursing scholarships are non-renewable. Please review our terms of service and disclaimer before submitting your application. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our terms of service.
General Terms & Conditions
- All applicants must be US citizens to be considered for an award.
- Applicants are permitted to apply for more than one scholarship. If they are selected to be finalists for more than one nursing scholarship, they will be entered into the one with the highest purse, unless they choose otherwise.
- All contact information must be accurate so we may get in touch with you. Nursing scholarship nominations will be notified by email and/or phone. We are not responsible for mistakes or errors in contact details. If you cannot be contacted within 3 days of your nomination, you will be disqualified.
- Any applications found to contain false or misleading misinformation will be immediately disqualified.
- All essays must be the original work of the applicant, any essays found to contain plagiarized material, either full or in-part, will be immediately disqualified.
- Nursing scholarship recipients are performed at the sole discretion of Nursing.org staff.
- Winners must be enrolled at an accredited college or university within the United States.
- Finalists will be required to provide proof of enrollment and GPA — if you are a first-time college freshman, high school GPA is acceptable. Nursing scholarships funds will be paid directly to the school.
- The student must submit a payment form indicating exactly where the funds should be sent. Failure to properly complete this form could result in scholarship disqualification.
- Nursing scholarship recipients will be required to submit a current photo and sign a release granting Nursing.org the right to use this information on their site. By applying for one of Nursing.org’s scholarship, the applicant agrees to allow Nursing.org to use their name, photo, an approved biography, and any question responses from their application materials on their website in the event they are selected. Quotes and/or original transcript from scholarship interviews are the property of Nursing.org; Nursing.org reserves the right to publish portions or full copies of the interview.
- Nursing.org retains the right to change award requirements at any time.
- Nursing.org promises to maintain the privacy of all scholarship applicants; their information will not be sold or distributed.
- Refer to the eligibility requirements for more details.
- In the unlikely event that no applicants meet the set criteria to qualify for an award, Nursing.org reserves the right to withhold all prize amounts until next year’s competition.
Nursing.org does not discriminate based on race, creed, sexual orientation, age or disability status. All applicants will be judged according to the merit of their submitted materials.
Nursing Scholarship Database
While we are proud to offer our own nursing scholarships, we understand that there is much more need for aid than we can offer alone. That is why we offer a searchable nursing scholarship database. There are an incredible number of opportunities available, and we encourage students to apply for as many sources of funding as they can. Use our customizable filters below to discover the scholarships available to you.
Increasing awareness of the importance of nurses in patient outcomes has lead to skyrocketing demands for nurses. Because of this increased demand, there’s been a surge of funding opportunities for current nursing students. Luckily because you’re pursuing a nursing degree, it’s highly likely you’ll get a job after graduation and make a return on your investment.